COVID-19 Resources for Families
This COVID-19 pandemic is a rapidly changing public health crisis and this list of resources is not exhaustive. For the latest information, please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
Community Statement on COVID-19 (PDF)
This community statement recognizes the unique needs of family caregivers across the lifespan during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Prepared by the leadership of the American Association of Caregiving Youth, ARCH National Respite Network, Caregiver Action Network, Caring Across Generations, the Elizabeth Dole Foundation, the Family Caregiver Alliance, the National Alliance for Caregiving, and the Rosalynn Carter Institute for Caregiving, the statement describes the common challenges facing families, how to support caregivers, and provides a short list of resources that can help.
Tips for Sandwich Generation Caregivers in the Era of COVID-19 (PDF)
This short fact sheet provides tips to families who may be juggling caregiving responsibilities with caring for minor children (under age 18) at home during the crisis. Authored in partnership with Caring Across Generations, these tips provide a general overview of resources and coping strategies for families.
COVID-19 Pandemic: Considerations for Caregiving Advocates (PDF)
This brief slide deck provides an overview of the core issues facing the caregiving community during the global pandemic. Slides were prepared by NAC President and CEO C. Grace Whiting; for a live discussion of these ideas and practical applications, please view the National Health Council webinar on Coronavirus Preparedness for People with Chronic Diseases: What Do Caregivers Need to Know?
Federal Health Information Resources
- CDC – Protect Your Family
- CDC – Protect Your Home
- CDC – Manage Anxiety & Stress
- National Institutes of Health COVID-19 Resources
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services – Billing & code guidance, coverage guidance and more.
Information for Employers
- Department of Labor on COVID-19 and the American Workplace
- Comprehensive FAQs for Employers (via Fisher Phillips)
- Legal Alerts on COVID-19 – Including State by State Information (via Fisher Phillips)
- AARP Resources on COVID-19
- Alzheimer’s Association – Coronavirus (COVID-19): Tips for Dementia Caregivers
- Alliance for Aging Research – Common Questions About COVID-19 for Older Adults and People with Chronic Health Conditions
- Diverse Elders Coalition – Community Resources on COVID-19
- National Council on Aging COVID-19 Tele-Town Hall
- SAGE (Services and Advocacy for GLBT Elders) 24/7 LGBTQ Elder Hotline or call, toll-free, 877-360-LGBT (5428)
- The John A. Hartford Foundation – Coronavirus Disease Resources for Older Adults, Family Caregivers, and Health Care Providers
- American Cancer Society – Information for Cancer Caregivers
- ARCH National Respite Network – Respite During COVID-19
- Caregiver Action Network – Caregiver Help Desk, or call 855-227-3640, available from 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM ET
- Elizabeth Dole Foundation – COVID-19 Hidden Heroes Resource Hub
- Family Caregiver Alliance – COVID-19 Resources and Articles for Family Caregivers
- National Academy for State Health Policy – Caregiving Recommendations for RAISE Health Council
- Rosalyn Carter Institute – Caring During COVID-19
Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
Down Syndrome – Q&A on COVID-19 and Down Syndrome community statement (PDF) from DSMIG-USA, Global Down Syndrome Foundation, LuMind IDSC Foundation, National Down Syndrome Congress, NDSS, NTG, and Others (PDF) View
Connect with Others
Home Instead Facebook Live Series
“Caregiving During COVID-19” Facebook Live Series
Home Instead Senior Care presents “Caregiving During COVID-19 – a Facebook Live Series” hosted by Home Instead Senior Care Gerontologist and Caregiver Advocate Lakelyn Hogan. Join Lakelyn and special guests on Mondays and Thursdays at 2:00 p.m. CT for a short 20 – 30-minute discussion offering support and sharing resources to help us all navigate these challenging times together. To watch past recordings and learn more about upcoming topics visit: https://www.homeinstead.com/covid-19.
The Mighty Community
Join The Mighty’s various communities, like #DistractMe, for games, puzzles, funny stories and more to help each other get through tough times.
Visit: https://themighty.com/ to connect with others during this time.